Saturday, January 30, 2010

One day in my life,

http://www.thedailynewsegypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=27223
Link to the storm in Egypt 


Posted by Picasa
30/1/10   I was supposed to be packing ready for the move to my new flat  but I am very reluctant to leave my 360 degree viewof the countryside flat.
Instead I got up at 7.30. made a cup of tea  and sat on the balcony where I watched the bee eaters  they were quite close  today and did not seem to mind me being there usually they fly away as soon they see me.
 bee eater photos on http://egyptswildlife2.blogspot.com
and here I was at 9.30 still watching the birds.  the electric went off as is a normal occurrence here in this part of the area of Luxor. so I  went off on one off my walks give the electricity board time to fix the fault,
 today I decided no camera   canon that is  but I always carry my mobile phone.


This is another area due for demolition to make way for the new promanade.

.
the Boys have made their own sisha  pipe, no one says a word  to these kids the think its a big joke and the children are so clever collecting cigarette buts to put in the tin and pretend to smoke.                     

 
"I made for thee a mysterious horizon in thy city of Thebes over against thy forecourt, O lord of gods (named): 'House (pr) of Ramesses Ruler of Heliopolis, L.P.H., inn the House of Amun", abiding like the heavens bearing the sun. I built it, I laid it in sandstone, having great doors of fine gold. I filled its treasury with the things which my hands carried off, to bring them before thee every day."
Taken from the hieroglyphs    written about Thebes now the city of Luxor.  what would they think seeing  Luxor Today.
another one of the streets due for demolition no gpld doors most carry the gold in their mouth's now

.
There will be a lot of arguments over taking the mosque down  even though they have built a new one nearby. 
.
local dump where all the garbage is left in the open for whoever and whatever to eat from a favorite place of the goats, chickens and hooded crows. this is next to the youth center club
'
Do not think this mixer will make another turn

The left side neighbour has has a delivery of roofing materials. 
.
this job took all of 4 hours to complete. ( get this far)  
.
my Right side Neighbour  seems like the council has decided not to take all the building so they are building a thick boundary wall  with mud and bricks then it will be plastered in mud  to look authentic..
 while the decision is made on how much they will  receive in compensation.

.
The mud puddle for the brick layer. 
'
 before the problems started one month ago 

 
this roofing lark is catching on in my neighbourhood 

'
'
The crows are even catching this housing trend,

Posted by Picasa


 When I got back the bread was rising in the sun   almost ready for the oven next door make bread to sell on the market.
'
this afternoon she had washed the corn and laid it to dry in the sun ready for the flour mill.
'
Not to worry the kid is keeping out of the way, it got told off for walking in the corn.

'
and the goslings enjoy a bit of sun


Posted by Picasa
Looks like a big matchstick building not a new Heritage centre.
.























Posted by Picasa




No comments: