Thursday, October 29, 2009

My little caravan



I am never in my photos so here I am at 66 years of age, posing for my wife
. Its weird seeing oneself on computer
Life is good apart from the fact I have to live in Egypt for my health.(arthritic condition)
In the UK I cant even get up one step. here I live in what Pam calls the Caravan on the 4th floor, my outside roof area is home to sparrows and turtle doves that nest in the straw mating,
And I have a 360 degree view, that takes in the Thebes Mountain Range (Valley of the Kings & Queens) My flat is 200 meters from the Nile River. on this blog all of the Luxor photos are in walking distance of my flat. I go for a walk almost every day sometimes I tend to over do it and this will aggravate my slipped discs. of which I have 3. mainly caused by years of abuse, weight lifting plus the fact I am a retired stone mason builder. Today I am laid up or rather taking it easy I over did it yesterday trying to get a photo of the Kestrel. I ended up in town and decided to do some shopping and walked back to my flat hoping to get another glimpse of the elusive bird. I tend to forget my back and carried more than 10 kilo, ah well" but as you can see from the first photo I have a fantastic view. where I am now sitting blogging. My story is on the
http://tonythevolunteer.blogspot.com/2009/08/kenya_19.html Today I may get to finish the story on the kids at the orphanage on my second visit in 1997. as long as I stop blogging and checking what you guys have been blogging about,

Apart from the fact I more or less have to live here in Egypt and miss my homeland Wales.
I quite enjoy living here so many places to visit and an abundance of Gods creation,
not so fussy on local people who all have a tendency to see me as a walking ATM.
and my vocabulary now mainly includes the word "NO"
You can see my wildlife photos on http://egyptwildlife.blogspot.com/

http://www.egyptswildlife2.blogspot.com/

Panoramic view to the Mountains of Thebes from the front of my Flat.
Thebes is the home for. Our more well known Pharaohs
http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/thebes.htm


views from my caravan

Looking towards Banana Island & the reed beds

view to Luxor town

Looking from my door out towards the valley of the Kings etc

from my Balcony looking towards the Airport
Posted by Picasa

Its rather a mess out looking out of my balcony door at the chared remains of the new building

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you are really in Egypt...Is that a nice place to live? I guess it's hot out there...

Anonymous said...

Of much interest to see how things are in your neck of the woods.
You are as well the second person I've 'met' being from Wales.
A wonderful Friday for you all !